With rates reduced to an all-time low of 0.1%, we asked Huddersfield-based estate agent, Bramleys, if we can expect some ‘lowest ever fixed rates’ to emerge in the coming months. Bramleys say they can’t be 100% certain but say that now is definitely the time to start planning and thinking ahead.
- Will lenders start competing by offering lower rates? – Yes
- Might there be some better fixed rate mortgages coming along? – Very possibly.
- Will these deals stay around for a long time? – Possibly not, as this rate reduction appears to be a short-term dip.
For those wanting to grab a great mortgage rate, Bramleys recommend you start thinking about the following:
- Might now be the time to start looking for your new home?
- When does your current mortgage deal come to an end?
- Are you currently on your lender’s standard variable rate?
- Could you be in a position a month or so from now to start looking for a new mortgage? Possibly with the lowest fixed rates ever on the market?
Commenting on the 0.1% interest rate, Bramleys Director, Paul Keighley, said: ‘No one likes to miss the boat but this one might come and go fairly quickly – those best prepared are most likely to catch it.’
Are you ready to start thinking about your new home in Yorkshire? Take a look at our Sheffield and Huddersfield developments and get in touch!
Our sales offices are currently closed but our friendly sales advisors are still available to help you via email.
From its establishment in 1958, Bramleys have been proud of their ability to offer a range of integrated property solutions and advice to the owners of properties of all types and sizes. Their track record and commitment to excellence is unrivalled in the sector and Bramleys have built an enviable reputation based on quality of service, value for money and professional integrity.
Bramleys have adopted a progressive and innovative approach in all aspects of their operation and provide buyers and sellers alike access to highly qualified and trained staff, including 6 members of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors and a team of over 50 professionals, valuers and support staff throughout its 5-office network.