A new 100% LTV mortgage product by Skipton Building Society allows renters to buy with no deposit.
Owning your own home could be closer than you think due to Skipton Building Society new mortgage product that uses your renting track record to enable you to buy without putting down a deposit.
How does it work?
Skipton’s Track Record mortgage is available to first time buyers with a deposit of 5% or less who have previously been renting. Applicants provide proof of 12 months rent and household bills being paid during the last 18 months and the monthly mortgage payment amount is to be the same or less than the current average monthly rental payment. For example, if the average rent for the past 12 months has been £1,000, the new monthly mortgage payment must be £1,000 or less.
Other keys points for Skipton’s Track Record Mortgages:
- Applicants must be aged 21 or over.
- Product is subject to a clean credit history.
- Evidence of a 12-month good track record of paying rent over the last 18 month.
- The monthly mortgage payment for each mortgage is not more than the average of the last 6 months rent that they have paid.
- Can borrow up to 100% of the value of the property.
- First Time buyers only.
- Maximum mortgage term of 35 years.
- Mortgage amount limited to lower of the rental or the lending affordability, taking into account applicant’s debts.
To find out more and to see if you are eligible, please get in touch with our friendly sales team, who will arrange for our recommended mortgage advisors, Evolve Financial Solutions, to get in touch and discuss your mortgage options.
Looking for a home that you can buy with a Track Record Mortgage?
Browse our new homes for sale in Yorkshire today and kick start your journey to a beautiful new energy-efficient home.
Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments on your mortgages. Information correct at time of publishing. Erris Homes can not provide financial advice, please speak to a financial advisor for further information. Track record mortgages are subject to availability and lenders terms and conditions.